Thursday, June 7, 2012 | 10:45 AM
Today we’re kicking off a partnership with GroupM Next, the innovation unit of GroupM, called Spark, a series of custom, co-programmed events focused on delivering unique education and innovation experiences for brands – specifically, clients of GroupM media agencies. We created this initiative together to cultivate education and dialogue for verticals that are under-represented in the broader digital media space in terms of data, research and opportunity. This partnership is the first of its kind for both Google and GroupM, in that it’s a series dedicated to client-focused education and is designed to address topics that directly impact brand opportunity and performance.
The first event, Spark: CPG, is taking place this afternoon in New York with nine leading CPG companies in attendance. In addition to discussions led by Google and GroupM Next execs, Kantar, Buzzfeed and Amazon are joining us as we, collectively as marketers, share insights, research and digital opportunities brands in the consumer packaged goods category can take advantage of.
A quick rundown of discussions on the docket at Spark: CPG in the context of marketing for CPG brands includes:
- Making the web work for CPG brands – our take on how the consumer, and world around us, has changed
- The digital enhanced path, exploring the ever-changing connection between consumers and brands and opportunities that exist through understanding new consumer behaviors and the role of technology
- Marketing and messaging innovation across multiple screens
- The power of video and building brands with the power of sight, sound and motion
- Developing ‘content gifts’ in the social world and capturing opportunities by engaging your brand’s super sharers
- How mobile commerce can connect shoppers to the places and CPG products they love
- Fostering fluid innovation across marketing and process to enable agencies and brands to meet the pace of change in consumer dynamics and technology